Monday, May 7, 2012

interview: Bryan Lyze, author of The View

From THE VIEW by BRYAN LYZE

Crime boss Red Cabon is arranging the killing of prosecution witnesses with the help of his secret informant. 

The extroverted witness Maria Bozzella is in the protection program when she meets and falls in love with Jack Moore.

Jack is an innocent and Maria must break it off, but it is too late. Jack is in the middle of a war, and F.B.I. agents are dying quickly.
 What inspires your stories?
I don’t really know, but the inspiration definitely comes first. With THE VIEW it was actually the view from a cottage I was renting at the time and then about eight hours of imagination. Afterwards I had the basic outline.

What genre do you gravitate toward and why?
Romantic thrillers, but I like trying different things. Each genre has it’s own challenge, and that can be fun.

What are your work habits like?
Awful and sporadic, but even when I’m not writing I’m thinking about the story, and when I start writing I lose all track of time.

What do you consider your best work?
THE VIEW

Do you plot out your novels in advance or do you write on the fly?
I put down as much as possible as fast as I can and then flush out and fill in over the course of refining my stories. I see the story in my mind visually and I usually know the last line of the story almost as soon as I begin.

What experience do you want for your readers?
First I want them to enjoy the read. I try to keep it interesting and keep them guessing, but mostly I hope they get lost in the story and characters.

Are any of your character traits or settings based on real life?
Of course, but I take a lot of literary license. THE VIEW is complete fiction.

What are your most significant challenges when you write?
Having an idea that works in your head but not on paper or for the current story and letting it go, that can be difficult.

What are you currently working on?
A children’s book that was an original poem.
Do you have any writing advice you would like to share with aspiring authors?
The same advice we all hear and know, keep writing.

Available now in paperback and e-book on Amazon

No comments:

Post a Comment